It can be tough to find the right words for a special occasion sometimes. When someone is retiring, it’s a nice gesture to send or offer a card with kind words of congratulations and best wishes for the wonderful future. It you aren’t sure what to say, you can include some well-known or even obscure retirement quotes in your card or greeting to the retiree.
If you are related to the person who is retiring, it would be both loving and respectful to include some of your own words and thoughts instead of just relying on the wit or candor of someone who was clever enough to be quoted. If you would still like to include a retirement quote, such as something listed below, consider first including your heartfelt words of congratulations.
Sentimental and Humorous Retirement Quotes
Consider these retirement quotes as options for some phrasing and sayings you can include in a retirement card or greeting.
• Enjoy your life to the fullest now that you don’t have to work!
• Hope you have fun with the challenge of spending your time as you like without spending all your money!
• With retirement comes better hours, but less money! Hope you enjoy!
• “Retirement means no pressure, no stress, no heartache… unless you play golf.”
- Gene Perret
• “Retire from work, but not from life.”
- M.K. Soni
• “Don’t act your age [in retirement]. Act like the inner young person you have always been.”
- J. A. West
• Take the time to smell the roses and enjoy the life to the fullest!
• Enjoy your retirement now that every day is like the weekend!
• Now you can enjoy your life without a job to hold you down. Happy Retirement!
• No more work! Enjoy life to the fullest — now is the time to chase your dreams.
• Happy Retirement! Now you can enjoy your time and your money….
• Retirement: Fish, golf, and travel to your heart’s content!
Tips on Retirement Greetings
Remember, if someone you know is retiring, this is a very special and important time in life for that person. You should do your best to show respect and appreciation for the retiree, offering encouragement and friendship for the future. You can send retirement greetings in a greeting card or in an e-card, e-mail, or a handwritten note. You can also offer retirement greetings verbally either in person or over the phone.
Most of the time it is nice to offer a true retirement card with heartfelt sentiments on the person’s many years of hard work and dedication to the job. Express your own thoughts and feelings about how proud you are of the retiree, and offer a reminder that now is the time to relax and enjoy life. A lot of people look forward to retirement and then may not know what to do with it once it gets here – remind your special retiree that you are always there for support.